Last week i had the pleasure to interview an aspiring young rapper called C.Kaleb. As you know i live in Greece but Kaleb lives in USA so we did the interview by sending him the questions. From what i have understood C.Kaleb is a great talent. I dont usually listen to rap music but i kinda liked his songs!
Moving on to the interview:
When did you start to rap?
I started to rap 2 years ago. Always loved the energy and vibes you could put into music, and rap just seemed natural to me.
2. Which are your goals in life? Have you achieved some of them and could you tell us who is your next goal both musically and personally…
I love writing, so being a writer of some sort would be awesome! I’ve written my own stories and such, and I’ll continue to do so. Musically, I’m working on my mixtape «Fire and Ice: Rhinestone Eyes» and I’m still in school as well.
3. Could we expect sth new from you? Is new music on the way? …………
Of course! I drop new music on my soundcloud every Monday, so check it out!
4. Your rap name is C.Kaleb? How did that come?
C.Kaleb came from my first name and it’s derivative, so I mashed them together and it worked pretty well!
5. Is there a rapper that you truly admire?
I love Kendrick, Kanye, and Kid Cudi, they all have some groundbreaking stuff!
6.What about mainstream artists? Do you have someone in mind? Personally I love Christina Aguilera and Leona Lewis! What about you?
There are a ton of mainstream rappers, but I like Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, and Drake for pop music.
7. How is your personal life right now? Do you have someone to turn to when you face difficulties?
I always have good, and that’s all I need.
8. What’s your advice to young children that have big dreams not only as for music but generally speaking? Children that do not have that many chances in life yet they have big dreams..
That’s almost like giving advice to myself, lol. My advice is to use any negativity towards your passion as fuel to keep going!
9. Whats your most honest song lyrically and what’s the most powerful lyrics that you have written?
«State of the System» is probably my most honest song lyrically. My best bar would probably be within that song, where it goes «Life ain’t a drive through so let’s not get fast food, rather, get that home cooked agenda» as it shows how as a society we are conditioned to act and think a certain way.
10. Is it difficult to be a musician and especially a rapper nowadays?
Yes and no. There’s so much opportunity to go viral and gain plays, but there’s so much content you can listen to.
11. Does the money a rapper get offer him an easy or at least a normal life? To be more specific, can a rapper live only by producing music?
I personally can’t, but it is possible depending on your record deals and such.
12. Eminem or Diddy? (and why?)
Eminem, groundbreaking artist, raw songs, beautiful storytelling. «Kim» is a masterpiece.
13. Nicki Minaj or Iggy Azalea? ( and why?)
Nicki Minaj, she’s more versatile (can sing and rap) and has crazy good verses in songs (Moment 4 Life, Monster)
14. Now, do you want to send a message to anyone that will read your interview? Sth special you want to share with us?
Look out for my upcoming mixtape, will have the vibe you need! My soundcloud always has new music as well, you can find me on there at C.Kaleb.
That was it guys! First of all i would like to thank C.Kaleb so so much for giving me the oportunity to interview him and i am sure that you’re gonna love this interview.