I am feeling so blessed that this specific tribute to the one and only Christina Aguilera did so well! After 3 weeks this is the last day of the amazing ProjectX, a series of interviews from Christina Aguilera fans.
I would like to take a moment and thank you all guys because you make that much stronger and always help me stay strong and move on!
Now shall we start guys?
The 1st fighter is Carlos Emilio:
1. When did you become a fighter?
1. Well, I am from Spain. So I became a fan with her album Mi reflejo. She did a cameo in a very popular ssuap opera.
2. What is something special that according to you Xtina has?
Well, I loved her since the beginning, but what I like the most about her is that she is really confident, no matter what. She is always trying something new. She has a lot of passion and she is a perfectionist. She is one of the greatest voices in Music History, and her voice is so personal and recognizable. And a good songwriter. She has the complete package. She really touches my heart. Growing up as gay, had a lot of confusion but her album stripped and her Beautiful music video helped me and inspired me to become a LGBT Activist.
3. What’s your Fave song of hers (released or unreleased)?
Released. Birds of Prey, When I am good, a lot of people wants to be my friend. When I am feeling alone, «No one reaches out a hand for you to hold»Who’ll be staying around When the lights go down?
4. What’s your fave collab of hers?
Lady Marmalade, She owns that song. Grammy well deserved. Her collab speaks for itself.
5. What’s your thoughts on X6? (stlyle,red carpet, videos) and do you think it will be successful?
I think it will be her «emancipation of mimi»but bigger. I think it’s time for her to take the spotlight again and reaffirm herself as a true legend. I think she is preparing her comeback with love and dedication. Even if it does not succeed. I think she’ll give birth to one of the greatest albums in music history and that’s worth it. I trust her completely.
6. What’s your fave red carpet appereance of Xtina?
Can’t choose one. Anyone from Bionic/Back To Basics Era
7. The best intro from her albums?
Definitively Stripped Intro. So real
8. How does Xtina helped you in your life? Any powerful lyrics that have become your moto?
She inspires me to be a better person, to be strong. To not care what other people say. She taught me that I am Beautiful, She taught me to be a fighter with an army of me. Her music is the soundtrack of my life. When I die, I want everyone to listen her music in my funeral. hahaha Welcome is my anthem, this world is fucking hypocrite. But the voice within, Lift me Up, Gives me hope. And Christina does have plenty of sexy songs that makes you feel sexy and empowered.
9. Is there something you want to say to our queen X, the legendary Christina Aguilera?
Thank god and thank to your mother for your existence. I could not imagine my life without you. Love you so much. I wish you a happy life.
10. And tell us something about you! A message you want world to know about you?
I am a LGBT activist. I love music.
Moving on to Ronan:
1. It was the summer of 2015, i had traveled to Turkey with my parents and one of my cousins. It was a pretty bad holiday if i’m going to be honest, i didn’t enjoy it at all. I decided to give Xtina’s album «Stripped» a chance because my oldest sister used to be the biggest Xtina fan and i was curious to find out what her music was like. I immediately deeply fell in love with her, my jaw almost fell to the ground when i heard amazing songs like «Infatuation» and «The Voice Within».
2. What makes Xtina special compared to other artists in my opinion is that her artistry is way beyond most of them. She could literally make music about anything. For example about her abusive youth. She can also do any type of music she wants to do, her voice fits in every single genre. She has done incredible records with old school jazz style and also with a futuristic electronic style. If she wants to do a certain type of record, she can do it.
3. Fighter, i can relate to the song a lot + it gives me this empowering feeling like i could do anything and no one can hold me down.
4. My favorite collaboration would be «Can’t Hold Us Down» featuring the rapper Lil’ Kim. It’s my favorite because the women worked together and made an amazing track about standing up for feminism. In the pop world, song subjects hardly ever come out this special and important.
5. I’m assured that this record is going to be one of her best yet, she has been busy working on it for years now. That was the same case with masterpieces like Back to Basics & Bionic. I honestly barely have a clue about what kind of style the whole era is gonna have, producers called it «Caviar Ratchet» so i guess it’s going to be pretty urban, yet, classy. But knowing Xtina there’s also gonna be a lot of soul. I personally doubt it’s going to be successful though, considering Xtina hasn’t quite been one to promote her music this decade. But if she does i have faith that she could make an incredible comeback because she’s pretty amazing.
6. Probably the iconic 2002 MTV video music awards look, it was a very bold move of her and i love it!
7. All her album intro’s are really amazing because they really give you this exciting feeling that you’ve just entered this huge ride and it really gives away the vibe of the record. My personal favorite is Stripped’s intro.
8. Just like her, i grew up in an abusive household. Hearing her song «I’m OK» for the first time finally gave me the feeling that i shouldn’t be ashamed of my situation at home because there are many other people who deal with the same thing. It really healed a lot of mental wounds for me and i’m so grateful for her for writing and releasing that song, i wish i could thank her one day.
9. I’d just want to tell her what of an amazing artist she is and how much she has inspired me and the rest of her fans. How much she’s helped us with her music and what she means to us. She truly is my idol and i love her to death. Meeting her would be a dream come true, if she ever goes on tour again I’d definitely get me some meet & greet tickets hahaha.
10. Well my name is Ronan Kaymaz, i’m a 15 year old boy who lives in The Netherlands who absolutely can’t wait to see what Xtina will bring on with this new record. Also hoping big time that she’s going on tour again with the new record, but hey, we’ll see!
Now here comes Christine Aguilera:
And now JordyGee its your turn:
I became a fighter when she released Burlesque. I had to search all her discography and fell in love with her and that powerful voice she has!
Something special that she has. I would say her voice. She talks to us in ways only us Fighters understand.
My fav song. I have a lot tbh. I love Understand, I Will Be, Loving Me For Me, Your Body, Walk Away, I’m Ok, Mercy On Me, Not Myself Tonight, Empty Words
Fav collab. I would say Say Something with AGBW.
X6!? We know she LOVES to do different things on every era. I am really hoping for a combination of Bionic and B2Bs Imagine those looks Everything she does is successful we just need to support her like she deserves.
Best carpet look. I would go for The AMAs when she surprised us with that slim body and white dress and her MTV Music Awards in her B2Bs era with the gold dress.
Best intro I like Stripped
Well her lyrics helped me a lot. She was my get away place (person) listening to her music all the time and thinking about the things I had went through really made me realize that I was better than who I thought I was. I will be strong on my own, I will see through the rain I will find my way life is a journey it can take you anywhere you choose to go. I actually want to tattoo the voice within lyrics
All I can say to her is, I thank you for being a motivation to us. Your voice, your lyrics, you speak to us like no other artist can. I will forever love, respect and admire you
Well what can I say!? I’m just a man trying to make it in life. Have struggles like everyone else but won’t stop. I will fight to conquer what is out there for me! I won’t give up because I’m a fighter .
And now last but not least Army Fighter:
1) I honestly became a fighter eversinced I heard «dirrty» because for some reason, I feel empowered whenever I hear that song even for the first time.
2) her personality and her voice.
3) it’s actually hard to choose since I love almost all of her songs haha maybe my favorite is ‘Dirrty’.
4) hmmmm I want to be honest, I would say ‘none’ because I just love her solo
5) I would love and expect her to have a catchy ballad as her lead single and x6 is a mix of rnb and pop. I would love her to bring back the dirrty in her with a combination of old hollywood glamour.
6) vma 2003! That dark pink feather gown!
7) stripped intro! Nothing will beat that! Specially this line «No hype, No glass! No pretense! Just me! Stripped!
8) I remember ‘the voice with in’ helped me to overcome my depression back in highschool where most of the time I felt out of place. ‘Trust the voice within’. I guess I live by the word of that since high school.
9) I don’t know you personally but you and your music made a big impact in my life specially the way I see things and your songs such as still dirrty, vanity ,primadonna and circles makes me strong and confident to deal with people specially the hard ones.
10) I am honestly an introvert. I am ambitious. I am happy go lucky type with big dreams. I am not really friendly but I know for sure that I am kind and generous. 🙂
A -last minute- addition is Kristie:
1. I became a fighter in 1999 – from the very beginning. I just instantly knew there was something different and special about her and her music and was hooked.
2. Talent and a heart of gold
3. This is such a hard question as there is NO WAY to just pick one. I will say my fav unreleased song 100% is ‘I Will Be’. But my top 5 I guess I would say is ‘Understand’, ‘Walk Away’, ‘Without You’, ‘Best of Me’, and ‘The Voice Within’. (Still very difficult to pick these 5. So many good ones!)
4. That’s a tie between ‘Do What You Want’ with Lady Gaga and ‘Say Something’ with A Great Big World.
5. Well I don’t know what to think about
#X6 other than excitement! I am so excited for new music, excited to see what her style will be, excited for the appearances, the music videos, just excited to see my girl be back!
6. Well I love all of her Baby Jane looks. I was a big fan of that era. But I think one that stands out was from 2015 Vanity Fair.
7. Stripped 100%
8. Oh man. Xtina has helped me SO much. Sometimes I feel the songs she writes are specifically for me. The ones that have helped me the most are ‘I Will Be’, ‘The Voice Within’ and ‘Best of Me’. Those songs came out during some of the darkest times in my life and really helped me get thru it. She gave me hope.
9. I would want to express my love and gratitude for everything she has done for me. I don’t think she’d understand just how much she has helped me in my life. She gave me hope when i wanted to give up and for that I am forever grateful. I love her so much.
10. My name is Kristie and I live in Orlando Fl. I am an old soul that loves the photography, fall & winter seasons, believes in love and just loves being with the ones I hold close to my heart.
This is it guys, ProjectX comes to end today and i have to tell you that i am really sad to say so! You know i am blogger and i like to write about many subjects but i really enjoy writing about music and especially good music. This is why i have decided to start this Project which i will continue for other artists so STAY TUNED!
I am also really happy to announce you that from October i will start attending The journalism university here in Greece and i will do my best to become a great journalist and then travel to USA and pursue my dreams, achieve my goals in life!
These days have been an emotional rollercoaster for me, because i have been attacked a lot for some articles and tweets i have made, but Christina Aguilera music and music in general has helped get over these!
Now one piece of advice from me to you: There will be many people that will try to hold you back , cause they are so jealous of what you have (not money but your happiness) and they will try to attack you and make you feel that you are not important and you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming
JUST KEEP SWIMMING!
THANK YOU AND STAY TUNED CAUSE MANY MORE ARE GOING TO HAPPEN AFTER THIS TRIBUTE!